We are thrilled to be working with local crochet artist, April Towriess, on a new project commissioned by the Bulwell Connectors and Bulwell Arts Festival. April invites crocheters from all backgrounds, cultures, genders and ages to get involved and crochet a doily to be exhibited as part of the Joining Lines exhibition taking place this summer.
Whether you’re an experienced crocheter or you’ve never picked up a hook in your life, we encourage you to have a go and be part of this fantastic community project. The exhibition will be displayed at the Bulwell Riverside, Bulwell, Nottingham and opens to the public from Saturday 30th June 2018.
- Follow April’s Unity Doily pattern, which can be found here or use one of your own
- Use any yarn or thread weight and fibre you like
- Use shades of white only. Coloured doilies will not be used as part of the final exhibition
- Use a hook size that corresponds with your chosen yarn
- Submit as few or as many doilies as you wish
- Please block your doilies before submitting them.
Along with your doily submissions please also provide the following information:
- Your name
- Your age
- Your gender
- Who taught you to crochet
- Why you crochet
Each doily and set of comments will be photographed and added to a blurb book which will be available to purchase. All proceeds will be donated to charity.
Closing Date for Submissions:
Submit your doilies to the address below by Saturday 26th April 2018
Exhibition Opens: Saturday 30th June 2018
Send your doilies to:
Chris Tilley Community Champion
C/O April Towriess Crochet
Joining Lines Project
Bulwell Tesco Extra Community Room